Sunday 8 February 2015

#BrianWilliams Leaving ‘NBC Nightly News’ For "Several Days" Amid Iraq Reporting Controversy


Brian Williams announced on Saturday that he’s taking a brief leave from anchoring duties on “NBC Nightly News” after he found himself in a firestorm of criticism following his admission that he lied about coming under attack while in a helicopter in Iraq in 2003. In a memo to NBC News staffers yesterday, Brian wrote:

“In the midst of a career spent covering and consuming news, it has become painfully apparent to me that I am presently too much a part of the news, due to my actions. As Managing Editor of NBC Nightly News, I have decided to take myself off of my daily broadcast for the next several days, and Lester Holt has kindly agreed to sit in for me to allow us to adequately deal with this issue. Upon my return, I will continue my career-long effort to be worthy of the trust of those who place their trust in us.”

No comments :