Saturday 29 November 2014

#RayRice Eligible To Play In The #NFL Immediately After Winning Appeal

AA6

Ray Rich won his appeal to overturn his indefinite suspension on Friday and has been reinstated to the NFL.

The 27-year-old football player was suspended in September for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy after a video of him beating his now-wife #JanayRice surfaced online. Ray is now eligible to sign with any team after he was released by the #BaltimoreRavens following the incident.

Meanwhile, Janay has broken her silence about the elevator incident. She was interviewed by ESPN on November 5th but told the network not to release it until after the U.S. District judge issued his ruling in Ray's case.

In the interview, Janay said she doesn't remember what she and Ray fought about in Atlantic City on Valentines Day this year but she remembered when he first got physical. She said:

"As we were arguing, he was on his phone and not looking at me. I went to reach for his phone, and when he grabbed it back, he spit at me and I slapped him. We got into the elevator and what happened inside is still foggy to me. The only thing I know - and I can't even say I ‘remember’ because I only know from what Ray has told me - is that I slapped him again and then he hit me. I remember nothing else from inside the elevator.”

"I know some people disagreed with me publicly apologizing. I'm not saying that what Ray did wasn't wrong. He and I both know it was wrong. It's been made clear to him that it was wrong. But at the same time, who am I to put my hands on somebody? "

Janay also explained how Ray felt after hitting her.

"The video didn't make me rethink our relationship, but I did want more of an explanation from him. I asked him how he felt when he saw that I was unconscious. He told me he was in shock. I asked him what happened when we got out of the elevator. He told me he was terrified because security was there. I asked him how he felt seeing me like that. He said he was thinking, "What did I just do?" I didn't watch the video again," she said.

No comments :